We believe: When life hands you a big, messy situation, knowing where to start makes all the difference.
Team Up for Families (TUFF) is a family-driven non-profit training, research, and advocacy organization that helps people learn to be effective managers of complicated life situations–so they find the services and support they need most. Whether the issue is finding is finding services for a child or youth with special needs, navigating a confusing health system, or adjusting to life as an independent young adult, TUFF has a step-by-step strategic plan that can take you from “Start Here” to “Get There.” With its Road Map® series of guides and curricula for families and young adults, people learn to use a five-point Guiding Star method to:
- Break down complicated situations into tasks they can handle.
- Find information that matters to their unique needs.
- Communicate their strengths and concerns to providers of services
- Organize records, track progress, and understand the data used to make decisions.
- Build relationships that lead to services and support.